- Published: 09 August 2012 09 August 2012
- Hits: 1981 1981
Express-Raman spectrometer SENTERRA (Bruker)
Presented spectrometer allows to conduct express and routine measurement of Raman spectra. The complex has the ability to measure liquids and solid samples: glassy, crystalline, organic and inorganic substances in the form of powders, thin films, and can work with microquantities of the substances. The complex has a system of optical imaging of the samples - Olympus. The spectrometer is equipped with three lasers with wavelengths of 488, 532, 785 nm, and fiber-optic sensor for registering the spectra of samples in an external sample compartment.
- Spectrometer is located on a platform of the confocal optical microscope and it has a class I protection from laser radiation.
- Spectral range of recording the Raman spectra of 80-4500 cm-1.
- Spectral resolution: better than 3 cm-1.
- Calibration wavelength: continuous, throughout the process of registration of the spectrum.
- Wavelength of the excitation laser (in parentheses the maximum power is shown): 532nm (20mW), 785nm (100 mW), 488 nm (40 mW).
- ДDetection: High-sensitive CCD detector with a Peltier-cooling to -70оС.
- 2 diffraction gratings - 400 grooves/mm and 1200 grooves/mm.
- Polarizer for measurements in polarized light.
- Fiber-optic sensor for recording the spectra of samples in an external sample compartment.
Characteristics of the confocal microscope with the visualization device:
- Spatial resolution: 1 mm.
- The confocal optics with hybrid iris controled by computer.
- Aperture: combined slotted aperture for high luminosity and round aperture for confocal measurements.
- Confocal a resolution 2 microns.
- Color CCD camera to visualize the viewpoint, with a resolution 1.3 megapixel.
- Trinocular head for optical lenses with different degrees:
- 20x (working distance: 1.3mm)
- 50x (working distance: 0.38mm)
- 4x, 10x, 50x (long-focus)
- 100x (operating distance: 0.9 mm)
- Stage: an automated, controled with joystick and software, movement range: 75mm x 50mm, movement accuracy: 0.1mkm.
The software kit for the spectrometer control allows to diagnosethe operating capacity of the optical system, the registration of spectra, measured data processing with special software packages:
- Identification with the optimization function of the spectrum.
- Implementation of univariate and multivariate analyzes.
- Conducting the routine analysis.
- Three-dimensional visualization of spectral data.
- Identification of the substance using the library search, the ability to build their own spectral libraries.
- The function of the spectrum intensity correction.
- Automatic fluorescence rejection of the laser with a wavelength of 785 nm.
- Library of the Raman scattering spectra.
Fields of application:
Typical applications of Raman spectroscopy in materials science and nanotechnology:
- Materials for the study of any type of inorganic and organic materials, including semiconductor elements;
- In gemology, mineralogy for the study of gems, minerals;
- In organic chemistry for the study of reaction mechanisms of synthesis and characterization of the products;
- The development and control of various production processes;
- In criminology, Raman spectroscopy can be used to identify:
- Paints, inks (car accident, identification of the figure)
- Polymer films, different fibers, shot, glasses
- Explosives, drugs, toxic substances
- The composition of explosive mixtures of powders
- In the pharmaceutical industry in the development and production control tablet forms of drugs and creams;
- Determination of lattice defects;
- The study of corrosion processes