The Leading Researcher in optical systems
Fields of scientific interests:
- Optics of the ultrashort pulses;
- Nonlinear fiber optics;
- Optical information recording.
1998 - Graduated from Saint-Petersburg State University. Specialization “Physics of the Optical Phenomena”.
2000 – researcher at Scientific Research Institute “Russian center of laser physics”.
2004 – Senior instructor at at Saint-Petersburg State University, Department of physics, General physics I
Since 2012 – Leading researcher in optical systems at “Center for optical and laser materials research”
1.Lesik Margarita, Shimko Alexandr, Povolotskaya Anastasiya, Manshina Alina «Structure modification mechanisms in As2S3 under the laser irradiation» Science and Progress 15-19 November, 2011, Saint-Petersburg.
2.M.Lesik, A.Povolotskaya, A.Shimko, A.Manshina «Effect of structure modification mechanisms on laser writing in As2S3" ICONO/LAT 2010, 23-26 August,
3.M.Lesik, A.Povolotskaya, A.Shimko, A."Investigation of laser writing efficiency in bulk As2S3 samples on base of temperature modeling" Laser Optics-2010, 28 June- 2 July, Saint-Petersburg, Russia.
4.M.I. Salloum, O.S. Grunsky, A.A. Shimko, A.S. Tver’yanovich, Yu.S. Tver’yanovich. Composition Investigation of Lithium Niobateand Its Influence on the Optical Damage Resistance. ISSN 1070-3632, Russian Journal of General Chemistry, 2010, Vol. 80, No. 8, pp. 1543–1549. © Pleiades Publishing, Ltd., 2010. Original Russian Text © M.I. Salloum, O.S. Grunsky, A.A. Shimko, A.S. Tver’yanovich, Yu.S. Tver’yanovich, 2010, published in Zhurnal Obshchei Khimii, 2010, Vol. 80, No. 8, pp. 1233–1239.
5. A. Povolotskiy, A. Shimko, A. Manshina, S. Bivona and G.2D and 3D Laser writing for integrated optical elements creation. The proceeding of workshop on fibres and optical passive component. Edited by IEEE, p. 98-102. 2005, Palermo, Italy.
6. A. Povolotskiy, A. Shimko, G. Ferrante, A. Manshina. Laser writing of 2D and 3D structures in halcogenide glassy materials. ICONO/LAT SYS May 11-15, 2005 St. Petersburg, Russia.
7. A.V. Gerasimov, A.A.Shimko. Anti-stokes conversation in silica optical fibers pumped by radiation with wavelength 1064 nm. Laser Optics for Young Scientist, St.-Petersburg, Russia, 2003.
8. Vera M. Bykova, Alexey V. Povolotskiy, Alexander A. Shimko. Two-photon femtosecond spectroscopy of the different pathologies of human skin. //Abstracts of International School for Young Scientists and Students on Optics, Laser Physics & Biophysics, Saratov Fall Meeting-SFM’02.